I’m posting this a little closer to 35 weeks than 34 but that’s okay. You won’t see another post until after 36 weeks anyway. I have some blogging to catch up on!
Lets get going…
At 33 weeks and 4 days, I was having some consistent contractions. Pretty much all day and whenever I’d get up and walk around or do anything really other than lay down. I’d even have them when I was sitting. We had just gotten back from Olathe, CO the night before from visiting with our friends the Hortons (that post is on it’s way!). That’s a five hour drive so I just figured I had sat in a car too long and my body was trying to readjust. I called Joe and let him know and he freaked out a little and had me call my dr. They of course had me come in to be looked at. Luckily, Joe came home early and helped with Marshall and Travis and was also able to pick Enoch up from school so I wouldn’t have to worry about it. Good thing too, I was at the Dr from 2:30 until 4:30. Haha. She checked me, then did an internal ultrasound and everything showed I was fine. No dilating, no effacing, etc. I had to do a urine test too which showed none of the hormones for preterm labor were present. Sigh of RELIEF. Haha. Then last but definitely not least, they hooked me up to be monitored just to make sure my contractions weren’t serious. It was an hour of hearing nothing else but her heartbeat. It was pretty awesome. She’s a pretty calm little thing, which is nice. She does move a lot but when they put the monitor on, I think it was nap time. That little heart beat never gets old, let me tell ya. : ) So after being monitored for about an hour, they sent me home, no worries. And I was also informed to cancel my appointment on Friday if things stayed calm. So that was nice because things did stay calm and I didn’t have to go back. So here’s a new milestone, making it to 34 weeks without going into preterm labor! That’s pretty awesome! Way to go Baby G!
I’m still measuring right on time with my due date, all my levels and fluids look good, I’ve gained 27 pounds thus far. Stuff is looking good! 34 weeks, 5 days and going strong! I did have about 4 uncomfortable contractions yesterday but we’re taking it easy today so hopefully those won’t pop up again. Its normal though to contract a little more and to have them a little more uncomfortable than normal around this time. It still stresses Joe out. I feel so bad! He’s worried and he has every right to be but that’s a good sign of a good husband, right? Concern and worry. :D I love him.
I can’t wait to do the progression photos in this little girl’s baby book! I may even do a video, that would be fun!
33 Weeks
34 Weeks
I’m thinking I like stripes this pregnancy. : )
My 36 week appointment is December 13th, the day I hit 36 weeks. Here’s to all fingers and toes crossed that we make it and I actually get a 36 week ultrasound! HAHA. Joe and the boys will be coming with me to this appointment too which I’m kind of excited about. I took the boys to my second appointment and that just didn’t go so well. Joe has yet to go to any appointments with me which is so different from my pregnancy with Enoch. He came with me for all my needle poking visits. During Travis, I dragged my sister Alana with me for those. This time around, I’ve wrangled the needle poking appointments by myself. And I was alone for my 20 week ultrasound this time too. ODD. But its been good and I’ve proven to myself that I can be a big girl. I do have a little courage in me. Haha. So thanks for putting up with all of my belly photos and bump updates and stories of complaining. We are almost to the end here and I’m sad to say I will miss these updates and photos. I will however be super excited for BABY photos and BABY updates once she gets here. What a lovely replacement!! Our journey in the land of having a little girl will begin soon and we’re beyond thrilled. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment