Wednesday, January 27, 2010

attempting to capture a wild “alana” on film…

 Ford Family 263 Ford Family 266

After many failed attempts, we’ve finally managed to capture the wild alana on film. And what an amazing site.

 

 

Ford Family 267

Anyone who has gone in search of an alana knows it is a very difficult task, their camoflauge techniques are utterly amazing.

They utilize their surroundings to sheer perfection.Ford Family 268

Notice how she goes completely unnoticed to bystanders.

Ford Family 269

Most of the alanas we have encountered are no bigger than a seven year old boy of average size.

Ford Family 270

 

 Ford Family 274 Ford Family 275

Take a look at this alana next to an average sized man. Amazing, he has NO idea that she is there!!!

Ford Family 278

Completely undetected, fantastic! Ford Family 279

This alana snuck up behind me as I took a self portrait. NO idea she was there…

 

Next week, we study the migrating techniques of the elusive alana.

Should be interesting, they tend to travel in silver BMWs, make random stops for spinning lessons and only

wear sweats.

 

Love you Alana!!! :D

5 comments:

alana said...

I am sitting here laughing so hard .. because I am SUCH a re-tard. So glad you guys love me and 'let' me join at family events anyway. I'm especially glad you blogged so that complete strangers can also see what an idiot I am!
SO FUNNY!!!!

Natalie said...

Not an idiot or re-tard, pure entertainment. :D You make me smile and I love you for that. :D This night was a ton of fun.

alana said...

WAY FUN ... let's do it again. and again. and again.
love you sis - so glad we come from the same mold!!

Emily said...

That's hilarious! She really is tiny, isn't she? Thanks for sharing!

Stevenson's said...

that's too funny!! Love it!