Monday, November 8, 2010

Joe

820 col

A lot of people ask how we’re doing since the huge, life changing event in August. (Joe became Bishop).

It’s only been 3 and 1/2 months but we’re doing ok. Joe is extremely busy, to put it lightly.

He has had several side jobs since becoming Bishop which keeps him away from home on Saturdays and the evenings he’s not at church.

He spends Tuesday & Wednesday nights at church doing interviews and attending Mutual with the youth.

There were Thursday night meetings as well but those have sort of faded out. Whatever the topic was for those meetings got sorted out

to a reasonable level and I think that’s why they’ve faded.

Sundays are a whole other ball game. He’s out the door by 8:30 am, unless its that one Sunday of the month where he has to be at the stake center by 6 am.

Then he has meetings all before church at 1, church, then interviews/setting aparts/interviews after church. The latest he was at church on a Sunday was 8:30 pm.

 

He is doing really well, according to a lot of people in our ward, and is working and serving hard. He is completely exhausted when he gets home but oh so happy to see me and the boys.

The boys miss him tremendously. Travis often wakes up in the morning asking for Daddy.

We are trying to get a solid date night going, if not every week then every other week. Just so I get my Joe time.

We did have a week’s vacation to Lake Powell in October which was fabulous and well deserved but we also learned that its very difficult to get back into the groove of things when you’ve been gone that long.

 

Our 6 year Anniversary is coming up and all I can hope for is a little time off for Joe. Just to catch his breath and maybe a few zzZZzz’s.

 

I love you Joe and I appreciate all that you do for us. We’re behind you 100%.

5 comments:

Linz said...

Amazing how much he can get done in such a limited time! It sure does make you cherish the time you get with him! Glad he is keeping up with such a stressful calling!

Borland family said...

WOW!!! I think things should slow down, once he gets things under his belt. Bob is the Ward Clerk in our ward, and now our bishop only has meetings wed night before mutual and sunday morning. His counselors do a lot. He'll figure out a schedule that works for him and lets him spend time with his family. Bob's worked with a lot of bishops and they all have found a way to still spend a lot of time with their family. Lots of prayers to you!

Stevenson's said...

That's so good that you are there supporting him! And good job Joe, I'm sure your a great bishop!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome experience for you guys!!! You will be blessed tonz! Love you guys!

Josh and Katrina said...

Gosh! I can't believe he is doing so much.

I'm reflecting on the fact that this time last year I was there with you!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!