I dropped both of my boys off at their last day of school this morning. It broke my heart to be honest. Tears just started welling up in my eyes and I just could not figure out why. Then I realized, this means my boys are growing up. The last day of school this year means Enoch will be in the 2nd grade in the fall and Travis won’t be in preschool, he’ll be in Pre-Kindergarten. And then he’ll be going to Kindergarten in the fall of 2014 and Enoch will be in the 3rd grade. This is hard. Yes, I have Gwen at home to keep me company but honestly, my boys are growing up. And before I know it, they’ll be graduating high school and going off to serve missions. Oh ouch, did you feel that? I sure did. The pain and sadness a mother feels almost every day when they come to the realization that their children are only children for so long. So I need to focus on the little things, the small things that help them become amazing adults. Giving them the love and attention they need to feel confident and cared for. Disciplining with love and patience so they can better understand right from wrong and why its so much easier and leads to a happier life when the right choices are made and helping them understand consequences.
It is times like these that make me so grateful for the gospel. Just knowing that Families are Forever, brings me so much peace. I can be with my husband and children for eternities. What a true and wonderful blessing. I love my boys, I love my daughter, I love my husband, I love my family and I love my Heavenly Father & Savior. They are all blessings to me.
This became a lot more emotional than I had planned! So, for your viewing pleasure, My Handsome Boys on their last day of school!
Enoch, 6 years old
(his face looks shiny because we had put his sunscreen on already)
Just some fun photos to share! Maybe Travis should give Enoch some classes on how to pose?
1 comment:
Time flies when you're having fun! Such handsome boys! Miss them.
Post a Comment