So, I’m going to let my freak flag fly here…
Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve loved mermaids. I have this best friend who I met when I was about 6 years old (we are still friends to this day) and we would play mermaids. We were, to put it nicely, obsessed. That’s all I ever thought about – mermaids. To this day, if they make a barbie that’s a mermaid, I will buy it. Joe giggles at me but he still buys Transformers and keeps them in the box. He and Travis have the same Optimus Prime, Joe’s just lives in the box. So that is the explanation for the OBSCENE amount of pictures in this post. I took probably 200 photos while we were watching this but some of them didn’t turn out so honestly, I didn’t take 200 photos just because they were mermaids and I was freaking out. I just couldn’t get my camera lighting right until towards the end. ; )
While my little sister Jessica was in town with her family, we visited the aquarium. You can see that post HERE. We had made it to the aquarium unknowingly in time for the mermaid show. I knew there was a show but had never looked into what time because I have little boys and just assumed there would be no interested. Boy was I wrong! They sat there, completely mesmerized by these girls. It was cute. The show was awesome, the mermaids taught us how to keep the oceans clean and were very impressive swimmers. You can’t possibly think its easy to swim around a tank full of FISH & SHARKS, with a costume that keeps your legs together and hold your breath and act out a script! They were really good.
It was a lot of fun and I’m glad we could experience it! Enoch & Travis enjoyed it too and even just made comments while I was making this post. Cute.
5 comments:
Ahhh, who doesn't love mermaids??? You got some great pics. I haven't been to the aquarium in years, now i just might have to go.
WOW!!!! I had no idea! I want to go just for that! That's awesome!
That is. So. COOL! I wish our aquarium had mermaids! :-D
Neat!!! I've always loved mermaids too!
That is so cool that they do that now!! Got to love mermaids :D
Post a Comment