So Travis has been sick lately. It started a few months ago with a cold. That cold went away. Then he had another cold. That cold went away. And now, he's got, yes, you guessed it, ANOTHER cold. I feel so bad for this guy. I've heard that the second child gets more ickiness and sickiness than the first but, I thought it was only a rumor. Well, it is now fact for me. The odd thing is, I go out SO much less now that I have two than I did with one. I guess that is the problem, not enough exposure.
I did read an article in the Parent magazine stating that you can be TOO clean. Kids NEED germs to build stronger immune systems. (did you know that the average 1 -2 year old puts their hands to their mouths 80 times in ONE hour?) This makes sense to me. I will now promise to make every effort to get out more so my child is exposed to more GERMS. I'm an AWESOME Mom. :D
I did however discover that a Mother's love really is true love last night. When you are more than willing to stay up with your whaling, screaming, inconsolable child ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Just so he can feel better in the morning, that is true love.
So, to anyone out there who thinks that Motherhood is the easiest job ever and anyone who chooses being a full time Mom over a full time job has the easy road, think again. I challenge you to spend one night with a sick child and come out on the other side smiling and only loving that child more. Be my guest.
Motherhood is hard work my friends and I cherish it. I would choose my children, sickness & health, over the stress of a paying job anyday. My life as a Mother is 110% more rewarding than any job could ever be.
I Love Being a Mom. :D
2 comments:
well said! amen to that. motherhood done well is truly the hardest thing ever. and it looks like you are doing it very well. you are a good little mom!
Poor little guy! It is the truth with the germs! Sucks but oh so true! Hope he get better soon! Love you guys!
Post a Comment