Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Check Up & Surviving Bed Rest


I had my visit with my Doctor today. It was the 34 week check up. All went well. I'm measuring normal, the baby is in good position, I've lost a pound but I guess its normal sometimes to lose weight towards the end?? Also my Doctor said it might be due to stress. We talked about my hopes for a VBAC, she's positive but you just never know until you're in the situation. I also asked her if she had any idea why I go into preterm labor. She said some babies get to a point where they're just done and ready to come. She also said that she's delivered several babies born at 36 weeks that were 7 pounds and never had to go to the NICU and need any further assistance. I guess also my body just hits that boiling point and says Okay! Lets have a baby! She said there is no true answer as to why our bodies go into labor when they do (early anyway) and that I shouldn't worry or be concerned.

As far as surviving the bed rest, my inlaws gave me the best birthday gift this year ever. Its the full body Boppy maternity pillow. I absolutely adore it. Its really helped keep me comfortable throughout my pregnancy and with this whole bed rest thing, its made it really comfy. So for future preggos, get the boppy full body pillow! Its awesome. Love it.

Also, I've been stocked up on reading material and a few gossip/fashion mags to keep me busy. I've been well fed thus far and my son is in good hands at all times. :D I do miss him a lot but I couldn't imagine taking care of him on my own while being restricted to my bed and bathroom only.

My husband has also been wonderful. Just loving, kind, patient, understanding and thoughtful. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. :D

Well, enough of my endless typing. Can you tell I'm bored? I'm off to catch a few zzZZZzzz's.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers and for your concern. Take care!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Oh my goodness! Glad that kiddo is staying put for now. Can't wait to see pictures of this guy ... no wait, I can. Hope he stays put, but I am looking forward to seeing him when he's good and ready! Thinking of you often!

Randrea said...

SO glad everything is good!!! Whew! Way to go on following bed rest orders!

I'm for sure getting one of those pillows next time. I'm sure Randall would appreciate it so that he doesn't have to be my "body pillow" again. :)

Linz said...

You poor thing. I can't even imagine! I was on couch arrest for 2 weeks with Jack and it was awful! (Just had to stay still and quiet, not full on bed rest) By the time I hit 36 weeks he didn't want to come out anymore and only ended up being 2 weeks early :) I guess they come when they are ready :) Good luck and let us know if you need anything!

The Dennis's said...

Glad you're off bed rest!!! I'm sure that was no fun at all ;0) It sounds like things are going better, good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of the little man!